This recipe comes from Paula Deen, and it doesn’t involve butter *gasp*. However, to make up for its absence, this drink does carry a lot of fat in the form of heavy cream and half-n-half.
I made a halved version of this recipe, and it was just enough for two yummy mugs of this stuff. I will be making this for Thanksgiving for my family since it’s such a simple, yet decadent recipe. Top it with homemade whipped cream.
Even though I have white chocolate chips, I used the milk chocolate variety from Guittard (my favorite store-bought chocolate), but you could use white chocolate chips as stated in the original version of the recipe or a combination of milk and white chocolate chips. I’m sure it would also taste fantastic with mint chocolate chips or any other flavored chips. YUM!
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla whipped topping, for garnish
- Mint leaf, for garnish (very optional haha)
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted. Stir in the half-and-half, and vanilla extract. Stir occasionally until heated through. Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of vanilla whipped topping and garnish with mint leaf.
Barbara from Barbara Bakes just granted me this lovely award! I feel so honored to be one of the five chosen ones haha. I would also like to thank Barbara for being the first non-relative to visit and comment on my blog on almost every post. She always leaves such nice, heartfelt comments and works hard to leave nice comments on many other blogs as well. More importantly, she always posts yummy dishes and desserts and is a dedicated Daring Baker. I like how she shows a variety of her challenge work and some process photos. Thanks again for nominating me, Barbara!!
According to the rules of the award, I must provide my readers the answers to the below 35 questions. I also must grant SOME of my FAVORITE BLOGGERS this award as well. Let’s see if I can answer all the questions in ONE WORD …
1. Where is your cell phone? Table
2. Your hair? Black
3. Your mother? Cute 🙂
4. Your father? Sick 🙁
5. Your favorite food? Cheeseburgers
6. Your dream last night? Forgotten
7. Your favorite drink? Juice
8. Your dream/goal? PhD
9. What room are you in? Living
10. Your hobby? Blogging
11. Your fear? Animals
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Europe
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren’t? Skinny
15. Muffins? Blueberry
16. Wish list item? CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17. Where did you grow up? Texas
18. Last thing you did? Blog
19. What are you wearing? Jeans
20. Your TV? Flatscreen
21. Your pets? Nonexistent
22. Friends? Few
23. Your life? Lonely
24. Your mood? Sad
25. Missing someone? Ex-girlfriend
26. Vehicle? Altima
27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes
28. Your favorite store? None
29. Your favorite color? Purple
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? Mom
33. One place that I go to over and over? Wal-Mart 🙁
34. One person who emails me regularly? Student
35. Favorite place to eat? Home
Now, it is my turn to pick five….hmmm. Forgive me if you have already been picked.